Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Winter Comes Early

At the beginning of last week, we got an early call from Mother Nature, getting blasted with a brief but heavy snow storm. Being in Canada, you get used to having a lot of the white stuff around in the winter but we've been pretty fortunate over the past number of years, as November snow falls have been rare.

My home club closed the golf course about two and a half weeks ago but as usual, my clubs have been locked away since early October and likely won't see the light of day until late March at best. That said, I'm keen on finally getting to some of these course profiles that I've been promising for ages.

Ideally, I'd like to finish off my profiles of two California courses I visited in May: The Shore Course at Monterey Peninsula Country Club in Pebble Beach and Pasatiempo GC in Santa Cruz. I'll save my profile of Pebble Beach Golf Links for January.

So my plan is to get MPCC Shore up by the weekend and Pasatiempo up by the following weekend, which will then allow me to finish off 2013 in style with my customary "Year in Review" post. This is always my favourite one to write, as it gives me the chance to reminisce about some great experiences from the past twelve months and there's no question that 2013 was one of the best years I've had in that regard.

Thanks to all my readers for frequenting Now on the Tee despite my shrinking post count. You can look forward to seeing a pretty cool pictorial review of MPPC Shore within the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment