Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Third Time's a Charm - A Return to Colorado

I have some family that live in Boulder so I've been fortunate enough to visit the state of Colorado a number of times but I've made two specific trips over the past three years to play golf.

In 2010, I was invited to spend a few days at Ballyneal Golf Club in Holyoke as a guest of a member. Then, last year, I spent a number of days in the state, playing CommonGround GC, Castle Pines, Colorado GC and Ballyneal once again.

I've always been open about how much I love Ballyneal and the fact that I'm visiting the club for the third time in four years is likely proof!

My friend Harris, who joined me on the trip back in 2010, will be accompanying me once again today as we head down for a quick four and a half day trip to the "Centennial State".

The par three 3rd hole at Ballyneal

The highlight will be three days and nights at Ballyneal for a two ball scratch event being put on by my friend Jim, a member at the club. There will be about 28 guys or so taking part, many of whom I've met in the past, so I expect it to be a really great weekend.

Harris and I are also scheduled to play the West Course at The Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs. This hybrid Donald Ross/Robert Trent Jones Sr. design was recently renovated by Ron Forse. It's not as well-known as the East Course but I'm looking forward to visiting.

We'll also have time to visit Colorado Golf Club, the very strong Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw design just outside Denver in Parker, Colorado. The club will be hosting this year's Solheim Cup competition so I imagine it will be in excellent shape!

The par three 11th at Colorado GC

I plan on posting updates to my Twitter and Facebook accounts so feel free to follow along - check the right sidebar for those links. The forecast looks hot and dry so we should have great playing conditions!



No comments:

Post a Comment