Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time to Class Up This Joint!


If you recall, I first alluded to possible aesthetic changes to this blog in a post back in January.

Well, without further ado, welcome to a cleaner and much more interactive Now on the Tee!

I'm using Blogger's Dynamic Views template system, which essentially gives you, the reader, complete control over how you want to view my content. I'm defaulting you to the "Magazine" view, which showcases snippets of my most recent posts at the top but also allows you to scroll down and check out everything in the archives. To read the full post, click anywhere on the box that forms when you hover over some content and you'll get a popup with the whole article.

There are six other views you can utilize: Classic, Flipcard, Mosaic, Sidebar, Snapshot and Timeline. Feel free to change the view to whatever works best for you!

The other really cool add-on is the gadget bar over on the right hand side. As opposed to my previous template, the gadgets in Dynamic Views take up much less screen real estate but you have to put your mouse over each of the icons to get a better idea of what is there, whether it's a blogroll or some other links.

I'm especially excited about the Google Translate gadget, which allows readers from any country to convert this blog into their language of choice. So my friend Cal, in Israel, can read Now on the Tee in Hebrew if he wants.

Shalom!

Anyway, there is still some cleanup to do in the coming days. I want to put in some additional functionality in the header bar, with some key links to go up there instead of in the gadget bar. There are also some other things that I had in my old sidebar that don't work with Dynamic Views so I'll be figuring out a creative way to get them back on my blog.

I hope you like the changes - feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section.




No comments:

Post a Comment