Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mingay on Architecture; Other Small Updates

I received a link earlier today through Facebook from golf course architect Jeff Mingay to a timely blog article he wrote about the supposed need to continually lengthen golf courses due to technology.

Jeff argues that variety is much more important than length and there is a lot of other great stuff on his blog, which he's been updating since October. Check out Jeff Mingay: On Golf Architecture and I've also included a link down in the right sidebar.

As aluded to in previous posts, I put my clubs away for the season in mid-October, as usual, but I can now definitely say the golf season is over in the Niagara Region, as our course officially closed late last week. We had a horrific spring, with cold temperatures and plenty of rain keeping players off the course and the summer was also below average. Arguably, the finest golf weather was seen in November this year and many players played right through to the second week in December, a record for our club I'm sure.

I have a lot of writing to catch up on. I will have my long-promised writeup of Pacific Dunes up sometime tomorrow and will also start working on my annual "Year in Review" post soon. I was able to see some great golf courses this year and meet even better people on my travels and I'm anxious to recap a wonderful 2011 on the links.

More to come, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment