Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tidying Up a Bit

Just a little 'summer cleanup' going on here at Now on the Tee.

The right sidebar was becoming a bit of an eyesore so I've done a bit of restructuring, specifically to my course reviews.

There was a lot of redundancy in the links there, as I previously organized things by the respective magazine ratings. So I had different sections for Golf Digest (Top 100 in America, Top 100 Public, Top 100 International), Golf Magazine (Top 100 in the World, Top 100 in America, Top 100 You Can Play) and ScoreGolf Magazine (Top 100 in Canada).

That's all cleaned up now and I've just listed the ranked courses that I've reviewed one time by country. In addition, I've listed all of the other ranked courses I've played but haven't reviewed as well. This will give you an idea of what is to come in the form of writeups in the future.

Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do.

I also installed a new section called "Next on the Tee", which essentially shows if any new or notable courses are on my upcoming schedule. As you can see, I'm heading to Columbus, Ohio in a few days with my family and will be playing some pretty good golf down there. We're scheduled to play Muirfield Village twice and play single rounds at Longaberger and Scioto. Wedgewood G&CC was a late substitute for the Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University, as the Scarlet is hosting next week's Nationwide Tour event. We're also scheduled for one more day and we'll either be playing The Golf Club or Double Eagle. I have a strong preference there but I'll be happy with whatever is scheduled.

It's going to be a great trip.

Moving on, I'd like you to check out my friend John's most recent blog post on his golf trip out west. John is a North Carolina native and is currently serving in the U.S. Coast Guard and I had the distinct pleasure of watching his booming drives at Bandon Trails in March. John gave his side of the story on my 'bear sighting' while searching for a ball on the 12th hole at Trails, something I recapped in my Bandon trip report a few weeks back.

I've also added a link to John's blog in the right sidebar.

Speaking of which, where is my long-overdue and much-promised review of Bandon Dunes? I'm going to shock the world and promise that you'll see the rarest of things at Now on the Tee...

Two posts in two days!

Ah, who am I kidding? Well, either way, come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment