Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Miscellany

I decided to do a little housecleaning with my links, eliminating any to sites that haven't been updated in the last twelve months while also adding a number of new pages to both the 'Golf Links' section and the 'Golf Blogs and Other Favourites Section'.

I've added a link to ScoreGolf editor Bob Weeks' blog and also included a link to TRUE Linkswear, Rob Rigg's new shoe company in the Golf Links section. Weeks updates his blog a number of times a week and has some great insight into the Canadian and International golf scene. TRUE Linkswear may be the coolest shoe out there right now and I recently became the proud owner of two pairs. I will likely write a review on the shoe once I finally get the chance to wear them on the course in Bandon next month but I can tell you that they are unbelievably comfortable and look great off the course as well.

I've also added a few new links in my 'Golf Blogs' section, with the most notable being architect Ian Andrew's new Golf Design Blog, which essentially is a sequel to his very popular Caddyshack blog from a few years back. I've also added a link to Jeff Shelman's blog - Jeff is a friend of Now on the Tee and talks about random subjects, including golf in Minnesota.

You can also find a link to Pacduneslooper, which details the life of a caddy out at Bandon Dunes Resort. Finally, I've also added a link to Thomas Dunne's excellent golf and travel site called Out and Back.

You can find all of my favourite links by scrolling down in the right sidebar. If there are any other notable sites that I should be following, drop me a line either by email or in the comments.

In other news, the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame announced today that two-time PGA Tour winner Richard Zokol will be enshrined later this year, an honour that is definitely overdue. I've had the pleasure of playing golf with Mr. Zokol at Sagebrush back in 2009 - he has always been a wonderful ambassador for golf in this country so hearty congratulations are in order. Well done, my friend!

I'll be back in the next few days with a brief recap and pictorial of my July 2010 trip to British Columbia with friends Cal, Steve and Ryan and follow that up with a full pictorial and review of the new Ridge Course at Predator Ridge in Vernon, BC, one of the courses we played on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment