Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mr. Consistency?

We are coming off a holiday weekend here in Canada, celebrating Victoria Day on Monday. The annual 'May 2-4' weekend is the defacto start of the summer season in our country and it's really the first opportunity every year for me to get in three consecutive days of golf.

We got hit with a good dose of rain on Saturday morning and it was enough to force pansies like Harris and Gary off the course but not yours truly. Sunday and Monday were truly gorgeous late spring days, with Monday especially being off-the-charts awesome, with temperatures nearing 30 degrees celsius and glorious sunshine.

How did I do this weekend, you ask?

Saturday: Score - 75; Putts - 32; Greens in Reg - 11
Sunday: Score - 75; Putts - 31; Greens in Reg - 11
Monday: Score - 75; Putts - 31; Greens in Reg - 11

How ridiculous is that? Same score all three days, same amount of greens hit each day and only one putt separating Saturday from the other two days.

I actually had a great chance to break par from the back tees at St. Catharines for the first time in my life on Monday but finished that round double bogey/bogey when I got a bit conservative on the par three 17th tee. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm really happy with how well I've started the year and it seems like I'm regaining my 2008 form now that my son, now 19 months old, is sleeping through the night. I can't think of any other reason for why I stunk up the joint last year so that's all I got!

My handicap index was in the mid-4's when I started the year and I've dropped down to a 2.6 so I'm definitely headed in the right direction!

Can't wait to get back out there this weekend and hopefully challenge par again. I've got a tournament on Sunday, as the Niagara Men's Tour holds its second event of the year, with this one being held at Thundering Waters GC in Niagara Falls.

No real expectations there, as I'm not a fan of the course whatsoever but hopefully my newfound consistency will continue over the weekend.

Hamilton G&CC profile will be posted later tonight - I've been working on it for a few days and it's finally close to completion!

3 comments:

  1. I doubt you are ever going to accept it, but I quit on Saturday to go to work. It wasn't even raining when I quit. Why would i quit if i didn't have to go to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - the second kid is the real golf killer. Be careful out there.

    Will from GCA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will,

    You're right - thankfully, we're stopping at one :)

    ReplyDelete