Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Hectic Week

Sorry for the lack of updates lately - I've been quite busy with meetings out of town and various work projects.

In fact, I got my first ever traffic ticket on Tuesday after making an improper left hand turn on Bay Street in Toronto. More tickets came when I couldn't produce my drivers license AND after I found out I had let the thing expire.

Even more hijinks ensued but how about we stop there...lets just sum up by saying I've had better days!

We got hit with a cold weather spell last weekend, which prompted pansies like Harris and Cal to quit after one hole (!) and nine holes respectively on Saturday. Unlike those guys who get to play some weeknight golf after work, I can only tee it up on weekend mornings so I have to take advantage of those days, even when the weather doesn't cooperate.

I shot a pretty solid 77 (+5) on Saturday in frigid weather and followed it up with an 82 from the tips on Sunday. Funny enough, I may have played better on Sunday from tee to green but my putting really let me down. I went from 28 putts on Saturday to 34 on Sunday, a recipe for disaster on the scorecard, for certain.

Look for at least two posts per week moving forward. I'll have my weekly golf recaps and also try to post one course review a week as well. Next on the agenda is the 99th rated course in Canada, the South Course at the Club at Bond Head. I'm also going to do a "What's in My Bag" feature sometime soon in hopes of getting a sponsorship deal with TaylorMade, since my entire bag is filled with their products.

Joking of course...well, not really. TaylorMade - call me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh ya, and you lost your first of many matches to me this year on sunday.

    ReplyDelete