Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some Improvement

I'm getting later and later with my weekend recaps.

We're coming off a three-day weekend in Canada with the Victoria Day holiday just having passed on Monday. Of course, that means three days of golfing goodness.

Weather was sketchy on Saturday, with rain and some thunder but after a short delay, we were able to finish our round without incident. I didn't make a birdie during the round but didn't make any doubles either, bogeying my last two for a solid 76 from the back tees, my best score at St. Catharines this year.

I followed that up with another 76 on Sunday, this time from the Blue tees and also won a couple skins with birdies on the long par four 9th hole and the long par three 17th, which I came about a foot and a half from acing.

We were back to the blacks on Monday and I came in with a relatively mediocre 80, making only one two-putt birdie on the par five 8th hole and winning no skins. I'm satisfied that my bad rounds aren't quite so bad these days, as my short game has really come around over the past few weeks. If I can ever get my driving and ball striking back, I may be able to get the handicap back to where it was last year.

The thing that now bothers me is that my problems with ball striking have evidently caused me to 'freeze' over the ball at times, something I didn't realize. Cal made a crack on his blog about me taking too long over the ball and said that one time it took me 37 seconds to pull the trigger on a shot (of course, he timed it and SAVED it on his IPhone, the bugger).

Excuse my french but if that's true, I should be shot and left for dead. I'm not sure if that includes putting the tee in the ground and taking my lackadaisical practice swing but regardless, that's just a ridiculous amount of time for a guy who HATES slow play.

I'll clean that up or I'll quit.

Nevada Bob's Men's Tour second event taking place at Grand Niagara this coming weekend. I don't expect much and have never posted a score in the 70s out there so it might be another tough day.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Cal, you got more crap in his head to kill his rounds. Now he's going to rush to hit a duck hook off the tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is so true!

    "FORE LEFT!"

    ReplyDelete