Saturday, May 02, 2009

Nevada Bob's Men's Tour - Preview

The Niagara Men's Tour begins tomorrow with the opening event once again taking place at Peninsula Lakes GC in Fenwick.

The Tour seems to be in great shape in 2009, with 38 exempt players returning and a fantastic 37 potential qualifiers all teeing it up on Sunday afternoon. Of the 37 qualifiers, I imagine the tour will take the top 15 and ties but that remains to be seen.

I'm exempt for two years after my win last year at LochNess Links so I'm safe and can just go out and try to put a good round together. Harry once again is on the outside looking in and will be looking to grab one of the qualifier spots.

Meanwhile, Cal is going to give the Tour a crack for the first time as well and will also be looking to qualify.

In fact, we have a number of players from St. Catharines coming out to give it a go this year, including Steve G, Jeff G and Brad B. Great stuff!

Cal, Harry and I were among eight players who braved wet conditions early this morning to get a round of golf in before Men's Opening Day at St. Catharines. Another rough day that was somewhat saved by me making two birdies on my last four holes and playing the last five in one under to salvage an 81 and actually win some money for the first time this year.

Hopefully I can carry over that solid, late round play to tomorrow.

I've never really played well at Pen Lakes so my expectations are low, especially with me playing mediocre golf to start the year. I just hope some of the boys make it through qualifying and join me this year on the Tour.

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day weather-wise and I'll be back on Monday with a full update on the first event.

No comments:

Post a Comment