Thursday, April 02, 2009

Improvement

Cal, Harry and I teed it up again on Saturday morning for our second round of golf in 2009.

After getting 'pwned' by Cal and Harry in round number one, I hoped to give them a bit more of a battle on this day.

Things didn't start out great, as I bogeyed two of the first three holes but then I settled down and started hitting decent shots. I'd par out on the side to shoot 38, still losing the front nine to Cal, who shot a nice 37.

I'd par 10 and 11 then bogey 12 to sit at three over par. Routine par on the tough 13th was followed with my first birdie of the year on the par three 14th to bring me back to +2.

I'd par 15 then birdie 16 to move to +1 on the day. I'm smoking Cal on the back nine by about four shots at this point so it's looking like I'm a lock to profit on the day. However, I bogey both the 17th and 18th to stumble home with a 75.

Thankfully, I squeak by Cal's 76 to win the overall and the back nine matches and profit $5.00 US. Big money, baby!

So two rounds of golf in the books before April hits - you can't complain about that!

I'll be back later with a post on poker, of all things!

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. A., there, above. LED, LED, SEO indeed.

    Good to see you're getting back out, Matt. We're finally back in British Summer Time so my friend Short Fat Hairy Steve and I can get out in the evenings. We had our first compettition of the season on Saturday, 3 days before which the grounds staff decided it would be a good time to spike all the greens, so they played like crap and I missed 9 or 10 putts from inside 6 feet, which I never do. Crappity crap sticks on a fricking stick. Stupid game.

    I want to come out and play with you, to see your course and to see how good you are. Do you want to fly me out? I don't mind flying Business Class.

    Hope the wife and the little one are still as well as can be.

    Take care

    David

    ReplyDelete