Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Golf Season Creeps Closer

I got word today that the short game practice facility and putting greens are now open for business at St. Catharines G&CC!

We've had a tremendous run of good weather over the past month and I don't even remember the last time we had snow on the ground. We're still likely due for another snowfall but I'm enjoying the sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures. I can definitely say this is the earliest opening of the short game facility in the three years it's been around. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the golf course opens sometime soon as well...

I'm actually contemplating heading to the club after work to hit a few putts and some pitch shots with the new wedges I picked up late last year. I haven't picked up a club since early October so it's been a long five months!

EDIT - 10:18PM
Jumping in before Harry makes his inevitable "you don't practice" comment...

Cal and I both ventured to the club this evening and played a little Golf/Curling matchup on the short game facility. Basically, each hole, we hit three shots each and used a curling point system to track our success. If one of us hit two balls inside the other's best shot, you would get two points. I think you get the drift.

Anyhow, we ended up playing three loops for a total of nine holes and Cal beat me by two points so I had to buy the beer after the 'round'. Fun stuff.

Don't get used to winning...it will be rare this year, my friend! ;)

It was tremendous fun and I will do it again soon. I never really spent much time on the short course and I thought it was really cool playing it from the 'tees'. I can't wait to bring Evan out in a couple years!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for asking me to join you guys.

    JERKS

    ReplyDelete