Saturday, July 05, 2008

What a Humbling Game Golf Is

Just when you think you have everything figured out, the Golf Gods smack you on the ass and take it away.

Playing the best golf of my life and getting the handicap index down to 0.8, I figured I'd be in for another great round this morning.

Wrong!

I shot an 82 today and didn't make one putt over two feet. Ridiculously brutal round, with 35 putts and a number of loose swings off the tee especially. Iron play was 'okay' but that's about it for positives. I made only one birdie and that was the aforementioned two-footer.

Not a great day of preparation for event number four on the Nevada Bob's Men's Tour, which takes place tomorrow afternoon at Rockway Glen GC. I was thinking that I had a chance to win considering my recent form but now...who knows?

What a strange game...

No comments:

Post a Comment