Thursday, May 15, 2008

Heading to Quebec City

One of my bigger suppliers is whisking me off to Quebec City to take in the semifinals and medal round games in the 2008 IIHF World Hockey Championships.

Unbelievably, I'd rather stay home - I've missed a lot of work lately due to golf and travel and there is a lot on my plate there right now. Two more missed days of work isn't helping matters.

Then, there is the fact that I'm missing golf on Saturday and Sunday, as I won't be returning until after the Gold Medal game on Sunday night. This is to say nothing of the fact that I have a pregnant wife sitting at home while I'm having a good time elsewhere. Err...have I even mentioned that my wife is pregnant on here? Meh...I'm too tired to check. Ha.

I'm sure it will be a fantastic event and a great time (ie: lots of drinking and great dinners) but I feel a bit strange leaving for another four days. It's really been a bit too much lately.

Maybe I'll bring my camera and take a few pictures. I'll be back in time to play some Victoria Day golf with my buddies on Monday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Matt, go and enjoy yourself. Jacky will be fine at my place.

    ReplyDelete