Saturday, May 03, 2008

2008 Niagara Men's Tour Commences

Tomorrow around noon I'm teeing it up at Peninsula Lakes in Fonthill for the first event of the season on the Niagara Men's Tour.

The tour has seemingly taken a big hit this year, losing many of its top players due mostly to stupid political issues (ie: money). Tragically, we also had one of our top players pass away just this week in Jim McNeil, an excellent player who played out of Twenty Valley G&CC and was always near the top of the leaderboard at each event. Just awful.

There is a beacon of light, however. That is because my boy Harry officially qualified for the tour just this afternoon in nasty, rainy conditions after shooting an 81. I'm happy for Harris that he's back on tour and continuing to hone his competitive game.

I had a mediocre game today in preparation for tomorrow's tournament, shooting a flattering 77 (+5) at St. Catharines early this morning. Nevertheless, I expect a pretty good showing tomorrow and will be back with the results by Monday at the latest. I'll also finish off our trip report from the Ginn Hammock Beach Resort later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment