Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Golf Season has Officially Begun

On Thursday night around 5:30pm, I rolled my opening shot of the season off the tee for the third year in succession to get things going in 2008.

I'd bogey our first hole, the tenth, and the 11th, double the 13th, birdie the 15th and double the 16th on my way to a 41, a score I would duplicate on Saturday morning playing with Toast, Harry and Preston.

Early in the season, I just want to try to find some rhythm with my swing and get the golfing muscles working again - I think I accomplished that in my first two nine-hole rounds. Next week, I'll concentrate a bit more on my putting and try to get that part of the game working.

Temperatures fell below zero last night and even though we woke up to sunny skies this morning, I decided to sit out and just watch the Masters instead. Nice to see a talented youngster like Immelman pull through for his first professional major championship. It was a real windy day in Augusta, making for quite the grind so there weren't a lot of fireworks in the final round. You just sat there waiting to see if Immelman could hold his lunch the entire round and he came through with flying colours. Good for him.

Just a week and a half before I head to Florida with Harry to play a bunch of golf in preparation for the Ontario Better Ball qualifier taking place on the 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment