Saturday, October 27, 2007

Anticipation

It was a very relaxing week off.

Not much to talk about. I watched the stock market, did a bunch of trading and did a lot of reading during my time off.

I did play one round of golf during the week and there's not much to say about it. I drove up to Guelph to play Stanley Thompson's Cutten Club, a course that is just about finished with their Ian Andrew-led renovation/restoration program.

I literally played the worst round of golf of the year for me, shooting an 83 with two triples and three doubles - my putting has been awful lately but on this day it was EVERYTHING! I hit four fairways and four greens all day...just horrible!

Things didn't improve much today - I shot a season-worst 82 from the blue tees at St. Catharines with 37 putts on my card. Oh boy...

This is NOT good preparation for Monday...

I am not playing golf tomorrow, as the wife and I are celebrating our first anniversary tomorrow!

We'll be heading out tonight for dinner but tomorrow will be more of a relaxing day. We plan on going for a hike to the Short Hills Provincial Park with our new black lab, Kaya.

Yes. I am a dog owner now too! That's the little girl on the left.

Then, it's off to Pennsylvania with the boys for our date with Oakmont Country Club, home of the 2007 US Open!

Harris and Preston are heading up themselves early tomorrow morning and will be holding hands and doing some shopping together. Probably hitting the Gap outlet or something to get matching sweaters.

If they really wanted to perform to their capabilities, they'd get duelling sweater vests!

Inside joke...sorry about that!

I'll be heading up late Sunday night with our fourth, Jon P in his rig. The two of us will be staying a couple minutes from the course while Harry and Presto spend the night in the Pittsburgh area.

We tee off at 12:00pm sharp and it's a best ball, stableford scoring system with full handicap. And guess where we start out?


That's right...the third hole, the 430 yard par four famously known for the Church Pew bunker feature down the left side of the fairway!

Beautiful!

I can't tell you how pumped I am to tee it up on this wonderful course. I've been INCREDIBLY fortunate this year to play two world-class courses: first Riviera and now Oakmont.

Luck doesn't even begin to describe it!

We're playing the blue tees, which measure about 6550 yards or so. I've placed the over/under on my score at 88...I don't know if Cal is taking the over or the under on that, although if he had a gun to his head, he'd likely take the 'over' after watching me play today!

Regardless, it should certainly be one of the great golfing experiences of my lifetime and all four of us are excited beyond belief.

You can expect pictures and a full recap of the experience sometime in the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment