Friday, May 25, 2007

An Ode to Boulder

My sister-in-law and my two nephews arrived from Boulder, Colorado on Monday evening and will be spending around six weeks in St. Catharines.

My brother-in-law Todd got a new job in the Seattle area so the family is relocating from Boulder to Redmond, Washington. However, their new place won't be ready for about four or five weeks so Andrea thought it would be a nice getaway for her and the kids to come and visit her mom and sister for awhile.

I'm certainly not as bummed about the situation as Andrea is but I loved my time in Boulder. They had a fantastic piece of property right in the mountains, with around 5 acres of land and a gorgeous, open-concept house. Skiing is supposedly fantastic there and it looks like I'll never get the chance to try the hills out there since they've moved out as of this past weekend.

That picture above is of me chilling out with a cold beverage after a lovely dinner back in August of '05.

Seems like it's been an eternity...

No comments:

Post a Comment