Sunday, May 27, 2007

Men's Tour Preview - Whirlpool GC

Nothing major, just a quick preview of this afternoon's event on the Niagara Men's Tour at Whirlpool Golf Course in Niagara Falls.

Whirlpool is a classic Stanley Thompson design, the last course he designed before passing away. I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the field from a scoring standpoint but there will defintely be a few guys who go low out there.

To be honest, I'm not feeling great about my chances today. I'm completely beat-up physically right now after playing two hockey games in two days, including one yesterday where a mini brawl broke out.

I hate that stuff. Our team is made up of mid-30's guys like myself who just want to have fun but you get some of these young guys who think they belong in the NHL or something and take everything way too seriously. Long story short, they ran our goaltender and started throwing fists, we reacted and our goaltender got ejected.

This with about four minutes left in the game, us leading 6-3 and we had no subs. That meant we had to forfeit.

My legs are just killing me from the running yesterday and that's an important component of the golf swing. I'm going to try to loosen them up with a quick hot tub but I'm not really expecting much today.

Guess we'll see.

I'll be back with a recap either tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment