Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Is that the Toaster Popping?

Do I smell something burning?

Heck no! It's just my buddy Toast celebrating his 13th birthday today!

I haven't received an invitation to his Bar Mitzvah yet and I'll tell you, I'm a bit disappointed. I bought him this beautiful Jerusalem compass for the occasion.

Toast is very religious, prays three times daily like a good boy (mostly at the poker table on all-ins) and often shuns golf on Sunday mornings for synagogue. This compass is perfect for him and will help keep Jerusalem on his mind and in his heart.

Unbelievably, while every other compass points north, this one always points to Jerusalem! It simply defies nature!! Israeli technology is a wonderful thing. Maybe I'll hold on to it and give it to him at his second bar mitzvah...that's only 70 years away!

I'm also going to make sure my young friend checks out the OKCupid! Nice Little Jewish Boy site. He's getting to the age where he's getting interested in gals so where better to start than an online Jewish dating service?

I'm partial to question number seven myself!

7. What is the epitomie of a "Nice Jewish Girl"?
Barbra Streisand
Mayim Bialik ( She played 'Blossom' on TV)
Natalie Portman
Sasha Cohen ( a figure skater)

Got to go with Portman there, although Blossom was pretty cute back in my day!

Happy birthday Toasty! Aleikhem Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Thanks Matty!

    Nice post. I can only imagine what the random reader thinks of when they go from a review of whether Stanley Thompson's pet cat's use of a bunker as a litterbox influenced modern sandtrap design and therefore your handicap, to a celebration of my Bar Mitzvah year, and eventually back to what bounce on your new wedge set you'll be using.

    Glad to hear I'm once again the subject of confusion. :)

    Le-Chaim

    ReplyDelete