Monday, November 27, 2006

Fantasy Football Update - Quarterback

I thought it would be fun to look back at what I said about my fantasy team in the Trash Talking is a Must league back in August and compare that with the results thus far. I'm about to improve to 7-5 on the year and effectively will lock up a playoff spot on the strength of 4 wins in a row. I'm safely in fifth place right now out of the twelve teams in the league and am in the process of destroying the second placed team this week.

Let's start with the man behind centre.

QUARTERBACKS -

DRAFTED:

Tom Brady (NE); Chris Simms (TB)

WHAT I SAID IN AUGUST:
"It's not a quarterback league but I got a real good one in Brady with my fourth round pick. I just wanted a guy who isn't injury prone and Brady can turn water into wine with pretty much any scrub. Brady is an excellent fantasy player and will do well for me. Simms will suit up for my team for only one week - week six when New England has a bye. I picked Simms because Tampa is at home against a pretty crappy defensive opponent in Cincinnati in week six; the only other alternative was Mark Brunell from Washington as they play lowly Tennessee but I just hate Brunell and he's having a horrible preseason."

CURRENTLY ON TEAM:
Tom Brady (NE)

My analysis was spot on before the season started. Brady has been up and down this season but is the 6th best fantasy quarterback in the league this year (behind Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb and Carson Palmer) and is my best player, having compiled 216.9 points (19.7 per week average).

Unfortunately, Chris Simms took a huge hit in Week Three and suffered a ruptured spleen, knocking him out for the year. I was forced to pick up Vince Young from Tennessee for Brady's Week Six bye and Young picked up only 13.05 points but I was able to win that week, actually notching my best point total of the year in the process.

So, needless to say, I've been happy with my quarterback play thus far.

1 comment:

  1. Thats it, I started reading the post and got a little excited. Do the rest of the team.

    ReplyDelete