Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heat Wave

I don't know if I've ever experienced heat like we had today in St. Catharines.

We hit a high temperature of 35 celsius today or 95 on the fahrenheit scale. If you can believe it, the humidex rating was 50 DEGREES CELSIUS, or 122 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT.

That is simply disgusting.

The silly thing is that I actually kept my promise and went to the club after work to practice. I hit about 40 balls on the range in bare feet (I kid you not...working on my balance a bit) but I was making ridiculously lazy swings in the stifling heat and hitting the ball like garbage.

So I sauntered off to the putting green, hit a few lackluster chips and putts and headed back to the clubhouse.

I likely spent about 45 minutes practicing...I'm done for the year now!!! Just kidding...maybe!

I may try again sometime in the next couple of days and will definitely play 18 on Friday with Harry and Toast if they're up for it. Toast is moving down to A Flight this year while Harry and I will battle the scratch handicaps in the Open Flight.

I'm going to spend the rest of the night studying fantasy football. This league is pretty expensive so I'm going to put in one night of work in preparation for a draft I likely won't be able to make, due to the fact I have the Niagara Cup singles matches on the day they want to run it.

Hopefully I can talk them out of starting the draft so early in the evening. Get on it Harris!!! 8:00pm start time, not 6:00pm!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you have something all 3 days we will start late, or make a date you can be there. Everyone will be at that draft, there is no computer picking. Just let Brian know what your restrictions are.

    ReplyDelete