Friday, August 04, 2006

Club Championship Preview

It's pretty late and I tee off in about nine hours for the first round of the club championship at St. Catharines.

I'm playing in the open flight once again. I have absolutely no clue how my game is going to hold up this weekend - I haven't played an awful lot lately but I've been pretty consistent, shooting a bunch of 77's and 78's lately. I might play pretty well (74 or better) or I might be mediocre (78-79) but I'd be surprised if I scored poorly (80+).

Does that make any sense?

My buddy Jay will be on my bag for the tournament which will be fun and I have a great pairing tomorrow, playing with Will and Ben, two of the young whippersnappers with a lot of game. Hopefully I can ride their coattails to success.

The top eight and ties plus anyone within 10 shots of the lead come the end of the day Sunday make the 36-hole cut and get the opportunity to play in Monday's final round.

Again, I have no clue what's going to happen with my game. I've had a pretty poor year from a scoring perspective and I continue with my horrible starts almost every round. My putting has been uniformly excellent all year but my driving and overall ball striking hasn't been up to snuff. But you never know if it all will come together.

Let the grinding begin!

I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of round one. Wish me luck...I'm definitely going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment