Friday, June 16, 2006

Low-Key Weekend Ahead!

I actually have a manageable schedule this weekend!

Tonight, Jacky and I have a meeting with another photographer, a California-based hotshot named Michael Pascoe. He's in the region for the summer so he's taking photography jobs while here. I'm still very much interested in Stephen Dominick's services but if Pascoe is good (and less expensive), I'll give him a shot (no pun intended).

I'm extremely pumped about golf on Saturday. St. Catharines is running their annual Gentlemen's Invitational (member/guest) Thursday, Friday and Saturday, an event I'm not playing in. Maybe next year if I find a partner.

So the club isn't available for play on Saturday. I was able to get one of the assistants at the club to get us on East Aurora Country Club in East Aurora, New York, one of St. Catharines' reciprical courses.

East Aurora CC has held the very prestigious International Junior Masters for over 50 years and is a very well-regarded golf course. At only 6300 yards from the tips, it's very short by today's standards but I'm told the track is exceptionally tight and hilly with very undulating green complexes.

My buddies Toast and Jay will be joining me for the round on Saturday so it should be a great day. We'll hit the 'Mozie on In' restaurant for a spectacular breakfast beforehand and hopefully arrive at the course for around noon.

Saturday evening is 'date night' for me and Jacky. I'll be making up for all the golf I've played over the past couple of weeks by taking her out to the schmaltzy chick flick 'The Lakehouse', starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. My expectations for the movie are pretty low but Jacky will really enjoy it.

I'll finally get a chance to play St. Catharines on Sunday with the regular group for the first time in three weeks. I need some spending money so hopefully I'm able to win a couple of skins! ;)

I'll likely head over to my parents for a bit to wish my dad a happy father's day and spend the rest of the afternoon watching the US Open.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment