Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Have my Computer Back!

It turns out that the problem with my computer was video card-related. The problem has been rectified and I'm back in business! I appreciate your patience!

Just updating you all on my progress on the Niagara Men's Tour: I shot another uninspiring 80 at Grand Niagara but surprisingly placed in a tie for 15th in the event.

I must admit that the scores have been really high this year so far - hopefully everyone's just a bit rusty (like me!) and the scores will come down. It's not good for the tour when 78's and 79's get you in the top ten.

I hit the ball as poorly as I can ever remember during that round, hitting only ONE of my first FOURTEEN greens in regulation. I somehow shot a 38 on the front inspite of this, taking only 11 putts on the outward nine. The wheels fell off with THREE CONSECUTIVE DOUBLE BOGEYS from 10 through 12 but I recovered from there, going even to the clubhouse for the 42 on the back.

I've been fighting my swing now for a few weeks and haven't had a chance to work things out due to the busy schedule. I'm planning on a little after work golf on Friday (first time in awhile for that) in order to work out the kinks. Fundamentals and tempo are key for me - if I get those inline, I'll be okay.

I'll have a small preview of the third leg of the tour before the event on Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go for a practice round out there and will be playing blind. It's been years since I've played the Links of Niagara at Willo-Dell - quick, true greens but a pretty dull and flat layout mean scores will likely be low. I expect at least one round in the 60's and a lot of sub-75 rounds.

Hopefully I'll be there too...

I'll also post a preview of Sunday's better ball tournament in Bradford, Pennsylvania at the delightful Pine Acres Golf Club. I'll be teaming up with my buddy Toast for the event and hopefully I can redeem myself after a poor showing last year.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that although I wasn't super impressed with the tournament last year, i'm going again.

    Might be primarily for the ice cream though.

    The other funny thing is that my golf game is awful right now and yours is... mostly good. We'll probably shoot the same score the opposite way (84 from me, 76 from you).

    Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should wear matching sweatervests.

    ReplyDelete