Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Computerless

I've gone and done it again.

I have this nasty habit of always doing something awful to my computer, whether it's deleting integral .DLL files, attracting viruses or ad-ware or in my most recent case, breaking a pin on my CPU, rendering it useless.

My computer wasn't booting up properly so I decided to go under the hood and take a look. Keep in mind I know next to nothing about fixing computers but I figured what the heck!

Dumb move.

I probably had a faulty power supply or something cheap like that but now I'll have to replace the CPU too. I tore off the CPU fan to take a look to see if THAT was the problem and in the process bent a bunch of the pins. We were able to straighten most of them out but lost one during our little 'operation'.

Gosh I'm an idiot.

My buddy Jim is in the 'puter industry, thankfully, and will likely be able to get me the new parts for free under my warranty.

Problem is that I'll likely have to wait a couple weeks for the parts to come in.

So that means fewer posts on 'Now on the Tee', unfortunately. Hopefully the problem is rectified sooner, rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment