Friday, March 03, 2006

St. Patty's Day Comes Early?


Not literally, of course!

Tonight, the Buffalo Sabres honour one of the greatest players in its history by retiring the number of Pat LaFontaine in a ceremony before the Sabres/Maple Leafs game.

LaFontaine is arguably the greatest American-born hockey player ever and is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame. He only played six years in Buffalo, three of those years were filled with injuries, but he made his mark both on and off the ice.

His charitable contributions to children in the Buffalo area are well documented and he's easily one of my favourite Sabres of all time.

I'll be attending the game tonight, so maybe I'll throw a picture or two up on the weekend.

I also (finally) get my new car today so it's turning out to be a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot a line.

    "Got my new car today finally so I can peddle Toast to golf in style".

    ReplyDelete