Monday, March 27, 2006

Pot Pourri

We're at the end of March and it looks like golf season is coming earlier than expected!!!

It's been an exceptionally mild winter here in the Northeast with very little snowfall overall. The temperature today almost hit 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) and the forecast for the week sees temps hitting 16 degrees by Friday!

A few of the courses in the area are open for business and I'm told St. Catharines might be ready for play this weekend, which would likely be one of the earliest openings on record.

I'm an 'April Fool Baby' so early season golf would be a great birthday present for yours truly!

I've been keeping myself busy by house hunting with the girlfriend. The housing market is completely out of control here in our neck of the woods - I certainly didn't expect to see the prices as high as they are now.

We've been looking for the past couple of weeks and I can say that the process has been exciting yet very intimidating as well. The search continues...

The Buffalo Sabres are mired in a huge slump right now and they succumbed for the sixth consecutive game tonight, losing 5-4 in a shootout to the New York Rangers. The Rags may be Buffalo's first round playoff opponent and it's not a favourable matchup for my team - I'd much prefer the Sabres play the bigger and much slower Philadelphia Flyers.

It won't matter if the Sabres continue to play without the spark they showed through the first sixty games, however. Poor defensive zone play and lackluster goaltending will add up to a quick exit so they will have to get their act in gear over the last ten games of the season and regain some of their previous swagger.

We'll be back on topic for my next post. I'll likely write about my experiences on a 2003 golf trip to Ontario's cottage country - the Muskoka region.

Here's a preview, with a shot of me standing on the tee of one of the most exhilarating par fives in Canada.

2 comments:

  1. We had 36 degrees F on the morning of March 24; I could not believe it. A fire in the morning for four days running……

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right...

    My parents just got back from vacationing in Florida (Fort Myers and West Palm Beach) and they confirmed that one day it was very chilly.

    It was a balmy 58 degrees here today and the pins are in at the golf course!!! I'll be going out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete