Tuesday, March 14, 2006

June 2006: Tentative Tournament Schedule

Following up on yesterday's post, here's what my possible tournament schedule looks like for June this year:

Mon. June 5 2006
GAO QUALIFIER: ONTARIO AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP (Cedar Brae Golf and CC, Scarborough, ON) -
I may give this tourney a go this year too and should make a decision soon, especially since my preferred qualifying course, Cedar Brae, is filling up fast. My buddy Ryan is a member out there and I've had the pleasure of playing the excellent course about six times over the past few years. This is the biggest amateur tournament in the province.
CHANCES OF PARTICIPATING: 50/50

Sat. June 10 2006
NIAGARA MEN'S TOUR: EVENT THREE (Links of Niagara at Willo-Dell, Niagara Falls, ON) -
This is the third leg of the amateur tour and it's arguably the crappiest course on the rotation this year. Really flat and uninteresting layout; completely wide-open and not long. I expect scores to be really low at this stop.
CHANCES OF PARTICIPATING: 100% Lock

Unknown Weekend in June
PINE ACRES BETTER BALL TOURNAMENT (Pine Acres GC, Bradford, PA, USA) -
I've participated in this extremely fun tournament for the last two years, playing with my buddy Toast last year. Unfortunately, the experience wasn't fantastic last year (as mentioned on my blog last June) due to Rolling Rock pulling their sponsorship. The course is excellent, however...a real treat to play. I'd like to go back again.
CHANCES OF PARTICIPATING: Very likely

Funny enough, that's it for scheduled tournaments for June, although there are a number of other events worth noting.

Club matches will begin in June, meaning I'll be playing at least one Langley Cup match (St. Catharines G&CC 0-7 Handicap Match Play).

As mentioned late last year, I'm pretty sure I won't be defending my two consecutive Newlands Cup wins (Overall Match Play at St. Catharines). It's a real grind and difficult to book all of the matches in with my hectic work schedule. I'm not 100% sure but I'd say there's about a 75% chance I won't participate in the Newlands this year.

The opening rounds of the Niagara Cup may be played in June as well, but I doubt it...they always leave it to the last minute!

Also, if I decide to qualify for the Match Play and somehow make it, the main tournament takes place between June 6th and June 9th at Rocky Crest in Muskoka.

You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment