Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm Going to Florida!

I'm pretty pumped about the fact that I'll be taking my first spring vacation in five years late in April.

Harris, Preston and I will be venturing to PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Florida for some intense golfing action!

4 days...4 nights...7 rounds of golf.

Ooh baby!

PGA Village has three championship courses on site. Tom Fazio is the architect of the North and South Courses. The North has rolling terrain, towering pine trees and a 'distinctly Carolina-like feel' while the South is a more traditional Floridian layout, with palm trees and wetlands.

Pete Dye designed the third championship course, a links-style course with plenty of waste bunkers and wetlands.

The Dye course is reportedly the toughest while the South is the most exhilarating.

We'll be living it up in grand style for the four days, staying on-site in one of the two-bedroom villas.

Unfortunately, our buddy Toast is unable to get away from work and will miss all the fun. We're hoping to find a fourth to even everything out and bring the costs down a bit as well.

Flight, accomodations, golf, car and breakfasts are all covered on the package. We only have to fend for ourselves for dinner. Any suggestions from my readers in Florida?!?! ;)

I'm REALLY looking forward to the vacation. It's been a long time coming! It will be nice to get in a bunch of golf before my tournament season begins in earnest in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment