Thursday, January 12, 2006

Global Warming has its Positives...

Well, it's lunch time and for whatever reason, I am compelled to spend it blogging. It must be the beautiful weather we're getting right now. It's January 12th in the Great White North yet there is no 'white' to be found.

Temperature today is about 9 degrees Celsius (or about 48 degrees for my American friends) and there isn't snow to be found anywhere. Absolute craziness!

This blog was initially intended as a way to get my thoughts about golf and my game into written words. I really believe the process helped improve my game last year and will once again rely on it to pursue my new goals for 2006.

We'll save that for a post closer to the start of golf season.

However, I certainly need something to write about during the dark winter months when the clubs are in the closet.

I've had the chance to write about the Sabres lately and will continue to do so as the season moves forward.

You can also look forward to a post on poker later tonight. I haven't really talked about my game much lately, mostly due to the fact I wasn't actually PLAYING for a long period of time. I've had the opportunity to play quite a bit while Jacky's been out of the country and I've been winning at a pretty impressive rate. I'll talk a bit about that success, the tools I've used to become a better player and so on. I'm not in the same league as my buddy Toast, who has become a pretty prolific player, but I might be able to enlighten some with my comments. We'll see I guess.

I'll also talk a bit more about things that interest me in future posts to shed a little more light on what makes me tick...heck, there may even be some things that my girlfriend didn't know about me! I'll talk about favourite books, movies, music, TV shows, websites, etc.

Also, I plan on doing an elaborate list of my favourite golf courses that I've played over the course of my life. Now THAT will be a fun list to prepare!

1 comment:

  1. I will be waiting with bells on for the poker information.

    With a temperature like that you should be out there playing some golf. I remember when I lived farther north and the temperature would get around 48 – 50 F we would be out on the patio grilling. That must feel like a heat wave for you. I didn’t do golf then actually there wasn’t a golf course in that area where I lived.

    ReplyDelete