Saturday, September 17, 2005

Niagara District Men's Tour Finale

This is pretty much the last tournament weekend of the year for me.

I will be playing my Newlands Cup Final match next Saturday (most likely) but that is just a club tournament; I'll likely have the benefit of playing with one of my buddies too.

This weekend, however, sees the end of two summer-long journeys...

First up is the fifth and last leg of the Niagara District Men's Tour, taking place later today at Beechwood Golf Club in Niagara Falls. After the first four events, I'm in 22nd place out of 56 golfers that are on the tour. I'd love a nice low to mid-70's round in the finale to give myself a chance of a top 15 overall finish but will just go out and try the best I can, considering the fact I was just in a hospital three days ago. I feel pretty good right now but obviously haven't picked up a club since the scramble on Sunday. Beechwood is a pretty straight-forward golf course and not excessively long (6560 from the tips). Keep it in play and you'll be rewarded...sounds like the blueprint for every great gameplan but it certainly applies here.

Sunday is the Niagara Cup finals, with six clubs having moved on through the regional qualifiers to play individual match play for the title of top club in the Niagara area. This event takes place at Twenty Valley Golf & CC in Vineland, a course I never seem to play well (including an 82 earlier this year in the Men's Tour). The course is well suited for match play, however, so maybe I'll be able to put something together. My game is certainly pretty sharp right now, or at least it was!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment