Monday, July 18, 2005

Hockey is Back...Does Anyone Care?

Well I do...kind of.

First of all let me state for the record that I love professional hockey. I'm a huge Buffalo Sabres fan and I've owned partial season tickets in the past. I pay extra on my cable bill for the NHL Center Ice package, which allows me the luxury of seeing any NHL game I want.

All that being said, I didn't miss hockey at all last year. Not one bit. I just found other things to do with my spare time.

I laugh at people who are bitter and mad at the league for the lockout, saying they'll never watch again. Give me a break! Get a life people! Restaurant & bar owners and businesses that rely on the the league have legitimate beefs but that's it.

I'm looking forward to all of the action that's going to start taking place after the ratification of the deal later this week. The draft takes place in a few days and is much anticipated due to the introduction of Canadian phenom Sidney Crosby to the pro ranks. The Sabres, along with the Rangers, Penguins and Blue Jackets have the best chance (6.25%) of getting him in the draft so it should be an exciting day.

I might even get season's tickets again this year! Should be a fun couple months of player moves and free agent acquisitions!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many care! I care and I am not a hockey fan. I do like to watch late at night or early morning when I am not sleeping. I even go to some of the lower level games in Florida.

    ReplyDelete