Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Disappointed Again

The second leg of the Niagara District Men's Tour at Twenty Valley was held this past Saturday. I left the course disappointed again.

I had a good practice session before the round and had no nerves whatsoever. I ripped my first tee shot right down the middle of the fairway and was in great position for my second shot into the short par five, just as planned in the post below. The shot called for a slight cut (left to right) around the trees to the green about 225 yards away. I ended up double-crossing myself (instead of left to right, I hit it right to left) and it went into a water hazard an incredible 60 yards left of the green! Oh boy...not a good start.

I ended up bogeying there and proceeded to go an incredible seven over par through the first six holes. I hit four greens in regulation and three putted all four of them. I'm not a quitter but I was almost feeling sick to my stomach after another three foot miss on the sixth. I finally made my first par of the day on the seventh, bogeyed eight and parred nine to shoot 43 on the front nine (par is 35 on the front).

I was able to right the ship somewhat on the back nine, shooting an okay +2 39 for an 82 overall. I actually had a nine foot eagle putt on the par five 18th and left the damn thing short. If I made it, I would have won a $90.00 skin. In the end, it was the only birdie of the trying day. My putting is just horrible right now: you can't make a score if you can't make the short putts. I think I'm going to have to work on my alignment in the next couple of days.

I tied for 31st on the day out of 51 players teeing it up. In the overall standings, I now sit in a tie for 26th place out of the 55 players on the tour.

I know I'm a better player than this. No excuses here; I just didn't execute anything all day. I'm just completely embarrassed with my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment