Monday, May 23, 2005

Ouch!


Hmm...it doesn't look so bad now!

We had a ball hockey game last night as your Rabid Pandas faced their big rivals, the Knights in SCBHL action.

We were shorthanded, as usual, with only two subs for the game while the Knights had almost three full lines for the game. However, they just didn't seem to have any legs, as we ran them ragged all game.

We were up 5-0 when I went in on a two-on-one with my buddy Jamie. He fed it across the crease to me as I was streaking toward the goal when the goaltender, in an attempt to pokecheck the ball away, caught my foot instead. I ended up flying right into the goalpost shin first. My shinpad went flying off my leg, of course, and I was down for the count!

It took all of 30 seconds for my lower right leg to turn completely purple but the seven inch scar is looking a lot better now.

We ended up winning 7-0 and I ended up with a goal and two assists in the victory. Playoffs are upcoming.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm.......7" scar.

    Nice self portrait though - good use of lighting!

    ReplyDelete